Before I get started. This blog is not really about me. Well, I’ll put it this way…it’s about me-but not in the same way a person who posts what they had for breakfast would use their social media. I believe that I think beyond the superficial level. It is one of the biggest parts of my presentation. I want to post things that make people think, but if you don’t know anything about me…my posts have no chance of registering so the first few posts are an introduction to me, my life right now, my life before, my interests and how I approach the world. With that said…let’s get started.
I’ve compiled a list of my favorite quotes to describe my life. It’s not just about me, it is a way for anyone to reflect upon who they are as a person. In other words, it’s a good exercise. I asked someone a few days ago what her theme song would be if she had one every time she walked into a room, but the point of the question was not what her favorite song was, it was to see who she thought she was as a person. It is the same thing for these quotes, so here we go…
- (Quote which I will turn into a paraphrase): My name is Steve Corino ( and I will always be an evil man.” So for me, it would be “my name is Mustafa Samiullah and I will always be an evil man.”
- “You like to hear someone’s doing pretty good, but you don’t like to hear they are doing better than you” (I heard this first in a Ric Flair promo).
- “Smug, am I smug? Yeah, I don’t wear a white hat, I’m kind of a jerk (CM Punk).”
- “If you are going to work for an a$$hole, it may as well be you” (I saw this on Quora once and loved it).
- “If you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.”
- “I have such a fear of finding another like myself, and such a desire to find one! I am so utterly lonely, but I also have such a fear that my isolation be broken through, and I no longer be the head and ruler of my universe.”
- “I am hopeless ladies and gentlemen, but I like it, I feed of it. I am an angry man, I am miserable and I’ve been that way my whole (Mustafa note: I think he meant entire) life and I forgot that” (Eddie Kingston).